Brussels, 07 Jul 2006
The 10th European conference on research and advanced technology for digital libraries will take place from 17 to 22 September in Alicante, Spain.
The special topic of this year's conference is 'Towards a European digital library', which aims to emphasise the contribution of the European research community to efforts by the European Commission to develop a common digital library.
The conference will also include presentations and discussions on the following topics:
- concepts of digital libraries and digital content;
- collection building, management and integration;
- system architectures, integration and interoperability;
- information organisation, search and usage;
- multilingual information access and multimedia information handling;
- user interfaces for digital libraries;
- user studies and system evaluation;
- digital archiving and preservation: methodological, technical and legal issues;
- digital library applications in e-science, e-learning, e-government and cultural heritage.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now