Meridian Music: Verdi (9.05 am, repeated Thursday 1.05am). Second of two programmes with Michael Oliver.
Memories Are Made of These (11.00 am R4). Ian Peacock investigates how memories are formed in the brain. (First of a new series).
Stephen Hawking's Universe (2.00, also 5.00, 8.00 BBC Knowledge). Repeat series from 1997 reaches episode five, which concentrates on "dark matter".
The Year 1901 (3.45 R4). Part three: Upward Mobility.
Thinking Allowed (4.00 R4). Laurie Taylor and guests.
The Disease Detectives (9.00 R4). Second in series about epidemiology focuses on Sir Richard Doll, largely responsible for discovering the link between smoking and lung cancer.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now