Seeking the Soul: The Music of Alfred Schnittke (from 6.00 R3). The start of a whole weekend – performance, recollection, discussion – devoted to the great Russian-German composer Schnittke, who died in 1998.
Lost Worlds: Looking for One Beginning (9.00 National Geographic). John Romer archaeology-history series continues.
Timewatch: The Empire State Story (9.00 BBC2; Monday 7.10 in Wales). Jonathan Gili, whose last Timewatch film was the excellent Tales of the Eiffel Tower in November 1999, explores the history of another iconic structure, with archive footage, publicity films and recollections from construction workers and others.
Some Liked It Hot (10.00 ITV). Second of two Steve Humphries documentaries on the history of the British holiday.
Shiver: Bodies on Ice (10.35 National Geographic). Cryogenics explored.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now