J. J. THOMSON MEDAL
The Institute of Electrical Engineers has awarded the J. J. Thomson Medal to Joseph Helszajn, professor in the department of electrical and electronic engineering at Heriot-Watt University.
Yvette Mayent Prize: David Lane, professor of biochemistry at Dundee University, whose discovery of the protein p53 is a major milestone in cancer research.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now