CHRISTOPHER COX MEMORIAL FUND. The Christopher Cox Memorial Fund was established in 1982 to commemorate the life and work of Sir Christopher Cox, fellow of New College.
It was used to assist students from those universities in developing countries associated with his name who were studying in the United Kingdom.
In recent years its trustees were overwhelmed by the number of applications for assistance and, as the cost of books and thesis production increased, by the escalating amounts requested. It was therefore decided to close the fund at the end of 1995, and to transfer residual money to the Africa Educational Trust.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now