The row between the University and College Union and universities that opted to dock staff pay, a decline in the amount of money pledged by donors to UK universities, this week’s books section, and the higher education sector’s role in training public sector employees are all discussed in this week’s issue review.
Reporters Holly Else and David Matthews, news editor Simon Baker, and books editor Karen Shook join Chris Parr to look at some of the highlights from this week’s Times Higher Education.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now