Our second Books podcast features Robert Eaglestone, professor of contemporary literature and thought at Royal Holloway, University of London, in conversation with Times Higher Education’s books editor, Karen Shook. They discuss Saul Friedländer’s book Franz Kafka: The Poet of Shame and Guilt, which Professor Eaglestone recently reviewed for THE. The conversation also considers the relationship between historians and literary scholars; the importance and challenges of Holocaust study; and Professor Eaglestone’s own work. Recorded on 1 May, 2013.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now