Our third Books podcast features Joanna Bourke, professor of history at Birkbeck, University of London, in conversation with Times Higher Education’s books editor, Karen Shook. They discuss James Dawes’ book Evil Men, which Professor Bourke recently reviewed for THE, as well as some of the challenges associated with carrying out research on highly emotive topics. We also hear about Professor Bourke’s own work, including What it Means to be Human: Reflections from 1791 to the Present.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now