Yes GuildHE and Million+ do differ ("Pride comes before the fallout", 12 June), but we think in common about unlocking talent and giving chances.
Million+ is a university think-tank and rightly keeps this participation agenda in the public eye. GuildHE is a representative body speaking for a variety of higher education institutions; its diverse and distinctive members have many "missions" and pick the variety of groups they want to be part of accordingly. What they have in common is the desire to give their students a great education. This year's performance indicators show them beating their benchmarks for student continuation rates by 1.86 percentage points, and they are teaching a greater proportion than most from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Alice Hynes, Chief executive, GuildHE.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now