Barry Ife's letter is extraordinary (March 4). He complains that in your report on vice-chancellors' salaries - in which you showed that they had doubled over the past ten years - you spelt his name incorrectly and gave him a salary of £193,000 instead of £161,000. His cause for complaint is overwhelming. Can the difference be made up from somewhere?
But seriously, in these cash-strapped days for ordinary university staff, such arrogance beggars belief.
University of Wales, Swansea
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now