I cannot speak for every lecturer at London Metropolitan University, but I doubt that any of them have been calling for the Higher Education Council for England to claw back money, given the blows to our funding recently ("Keep pay promise, union urges", 21 February). However, we do believe that if money has been given for "Rewarding and Developing Staff", then staff should see the benefits. The large sums involved should not be subsumed into general income. We call on management to use the money as intended: to implement the framework agreement and make improvements to staff pay.
Amanda Sackur, Chair, co-ordinating committee, London Metropolitan University UCU.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now