There is obviously some confusion at Brunel. ("Controller preparing the platform to elevate Brunel", 28 February). Brunel did not resign from the former Coalition of Modern Universities. It was never a member. In the event that "elevation" to the 1994 Group and Russell Group proves not to be imminent, Brunel is welcome to subscribe to Million+, which, as a university think-tank, has a research and public affairs programme. Disappointing though it may be, the days are long gone when the sector can afford to define itself or to rely on producer-dominated interest groups based solely on QR funding.
Pam Tatlow, Chief Executive, Million+.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now