Gary Day sees Victoria Wood as "Larkin with a sense of humour" ("Bend me over", 31 December). Has your resident lecturer in English overlooked Larkin's correspondence with Kingsley Amis, not to mention an appreciable handful of his poems?
Francis Pott, chair in composition, London College of Music, Thames Valley University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now