John Brinnamoor asks for realism in the university prospectus ("Not quite as advertised: college scarves and shameless flannel", 13 March). He would do well to remember that tale by Borges about the empire that produced a map of itself so accurate that it destroyed the discipline of geography. If we show potential applicants what academics really look like, we'll soon have no one to teach.
Neil Badmington, Cardiff.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now