Three cheers for Eric Sotto. His article provides a refreshing change of focus from the research excellence framework and was an intelligent contribution to the debate about teacher training for academics. Sotto's plea is that teaching should be taken as seriously as research, so perhaps the time has come for the teaching excellence framework - it would probably be easier to measure impact in this context.
Phil Long, Faculty of education, Anglia Ruskin University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now