Support staff 2

February 3, 2006

The Natfhe branch at Westminster University hopes not to have to take industrial action. It has a proud record of working with the students' union to ensure that any pay docked from members' salaries when industrial action is taken goes into the student hardship fund.

Westminster vice-chancellor Geoffrey Copland told the Office for Fair Access that the university planned to spend 21 per cent of the projected new income of £5 million a year in 2006 on student support and outreach, falling to 20 per cent by 2010. This leaves 80 per cent unaccounted for - sufficient to satisfy demands that one third of this is spent on improving pay by 23 per cent over a three-year period.

Moira Maguire
Natfhe chair, Westminster University

Please login or register to read this article

Register to continue

Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.

Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:

  • Sign up for the editor's highlights
  • Receive World University Rankings news first
  • Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
  • Participate in reader discussions and post comments

Have your say

Log in or register to post comments