I note from your article on Jane Davidson ("The lady's not for unfair learning", December 3) that the minister's pet hates are split infinitives and misplaced apostrophes. Under her photograph, there are two sentences attributed to her. The first has a split infinitive, the second ends with a preposition. I thought that was something one should never end a sentence with.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now