It was important for the School of Oriental and African Studies to hold last week's conference about whether there is a new "apartheid" in the Holy Land. It can only help to inform people about what is happening in the Occupied Territories.
I am not surprised that critics (that is to say, the Jewish students) claimed the conference would fuel anti-Semitic propaganda.
But they are wrong. If they want to know what causes anti-Semitism to spread, they need only look in their own backyard. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, with his Zionist (not Jewish) agenda, is constantly plotting and scheming to destroy not only the lives of ordinary Palestinian people, but also their livelihoods, their infrastructure and their future.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now