Matthew Reisz ("Criticism of universities has provoked a sharp response", 26 August) mischaracterises NGO Monitor.
As is clear from our publications and website, NGO Monitor is a highly credible research organisation, headed by Professor Gerald Steinberg of Bar Ilan University. Our independent, fully sourced analyses examine the claims and influence of non-governmental political advocacy groups, particularly in the context of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Ironically, in contrast to the allegations of ideologues, NGO Monitor's analyses have increased the transparency of NGO activities and agendas, thereby contributing to democratic and human rights principles.
Jason Edelstein, Communications director, NGO Monitor.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now