There is a simple answer to the problem of edubabble for anyone using Microsoft Word (Letters, February 2). Download Bullfighter at www.fightthebull.com .
It was developed by consultants who felt that even they were drowning in jargon. It roots out jargon and offers comments on the worst words. For example, it suggests using "best" or "excellent" instead of "world-class" which, it observes, is "a tired expression that has lost its meaning".
But for "stakeholder" it gives up and suggests the use of "Vampire Slayer" instead.
Adrian P. Beney
Iain More Associates, Durham
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now