Richard Yuill's right to advance heretical ideas about paedophilia ought to be defended ("Fury over PhD for child-sex research", December 3), even if one suspects that his recent PhD thesis contains more than its fair share of special pleading.
But this does not mean that he should get away with concealing his arguments behind a tangle of jargon. The title of his thesis appears to be Male Age-Discrepant Intergenerational Sexualities and Relationships .
What exactly would have been wrong with Sexual Relationships between Men and Children ?
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now