In the article "Imperial signs Saudi deal as first step into Gulf" (13 March), we are told by the UK Higher Education International Unit that all academic staff are to engage with the process of fully internationalising. Given Saudi Arabia's human rights record, which included public beheadings, I will not be engaging. I hope that real change will come of these links, but I fear that they will simply add legitimacy to some very unpleasant regimes.
Martin Greenhow, Brunel University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now