In recent times, people have rightly questioned the role that business schools play in societal and economic development ("The bottom line is not enough: how business schools fail their students", 7 January). The United Nations initiative Principles of Responsible Management is intended to encourage responsible management education, research and leadership. Winchester Business School is an active participant, and our new programmes have embedded responsible management and sustainable business.
This issue will become more visible in the next few years as society evolves and the next generation of business leaders has the opportunity to consider the world's future.
Paul Jennings, Senior lecturer, Winchester Business School, University of Winchester.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now