Your article on funding for specialist institutions ("Special treatment", 28 February) states that the Royal College of Art had a deficit of £1.1 million in the last financial year. This excludes pension transactions and entries related to the depreciation of buildings. Our published financial statements show a surplus of £998,000 for the year, of which £240,000 arises on the college's operations and £758,000 through movements on the pension scheme.
Nick Cattermole, Director of finance, Royal College of Art.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now