Regarding your report "QAA pans uneven postgrad support"
(February 16) - far from "panning" "uneven postgrad support", in our recent reviews of postgraduate research programmes, the Quality Assurance Agency has provided a good news story for higher education.
The unevenness that you headline is very limited and does not deserve such prominence. The real story is of institutions accepting their responsibilities for their research students and making effective efforts to provide them good opportunities.
Sure, there's room forfurther improvement, but that is true of everybody, isn't it?
Quality Assurance Agency
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now