Munjed Farid Al Qutob's salute to Holocaust Day (Letters, February 11) is naive and shows an unawareness of modern history.
Atrocities such as those in Cambodia, Bosnia and Rwanda disprove his assertion that such high crimes will never occur again. It is not knowledge of such crimes that will prevent them (awareness of the destruction of the First World War did not prevent the Second), but rather other states having the means and the will to prevent them - however distressing this harsh reality is to liberal commentators.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now