I hope that Michael Sheehan's next appraisal applauds his heroic stance against appraisal and performance management ("'Performance management is a waste of time', claims HR professor", 19 June). If there were more personnel experts like him, future generations of academics, freed from micro-management and the inane ritual of appraisal, might actually be able to get on with their work.
Neil Badmington, Penarth.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now