Lena Dominelli observes that there are no black professors of social work.
It is not much better in social policy, the discipline where one might have expected a fair representation of black and ethnic minority professors: there are three.
But given the funding council's recent survey that found that only one in eight universities is making significant progress in implementing race equality, it is not surprising.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now