Given that in every encounter I have had with him, Jonathan Ray has been courteous and professional, I wonder why he might have been provoked to reply in mildly pugnacious terms to some of his academic colleagues. Rather than bleating to the press, perhaps those who received replies they did not like might be better served considering their own behaviour.
Philip Cowley, Professor of parliamentary government, University of Nottingham.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now