I was perplexed to see a photograph of a juggler appearing to set fire to his genitals in THE ("A fine balance - but not all can manage it", 31 December). Then I read the attached article concerning the hazards of being the head of a university department, and it all made perfect sense.
John Bates, Head of the department of social work, care and justice, Liverpool Hope University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now