Surely there is a way to regulate “grade grubbing” to the benefit of all? (“Please professor, I want some more”, News, 28 February.) An enhanced assessment process could be offered where, for additional tuition fees, submitted work could be tweaked on the “advice” of lecturers to provide better grades. Just think of it as a new form of payment by results.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now