On the day that we have a "New Queen of the Sciences" anointed by 60 deans, heads of department and professors of computer science (Opinion, February 23), we have a press report bewailing the fact that the software to protect the next generation of DVDs and stop us all copying our favourite films and songs to share with our friends has been cracked and that even the hackers were surprised at how easy it was.
Has our new queen got any clothes?
Senior lecturer in computing
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now