The most depressing aspect of the column on scientific practice (THE Scholarly Web, 24 January) was that despite the Twitterati’s efforts to boil everything down to a few characters’ worth of essence, members are apparently unaware of the redundancy of the central two words in the phrase “sit the fuck down”, the inclusion of which results in ungrammatical and potentially offensive verbosity.
Tony Harker, Oxford.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now