It was ungracious of you to be so sneering at Christopher Bearman when he pointed out that some suffragettes used terrorism as a tactic to achieve their ends. That's what terrorism is: a tactic. Dr Bearman may not be an academic, but he expresses the view of most people who have received an academic training in the study of terrorism. People who express the view "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" are muddled.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now