Good to see that The Poppletonian (15 May) is following up the finding that mice are more scared of male than female researchers.
For a control experiment, maybe the Austrian Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst could be recruited into rodent research. If the subjects get too agitated, Conchita could always sing to them.
Hillary J. Shaw
Director and senior research consultant
Shaw Food Solutions, Shropshire
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now