Has the THES really nothing better to include on its front cover than a report on a known Manchester United fan and club apologist's work? Even more baffling is that the Economic and Social Research Council judges worthy of money a study whose ultimate functions are surely to help the author and fellow fans sleep easier and to indulge in point scoring.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now