The projected starting salary of £22,000 for graduates is calculated by the Association of Graduate Recruiters on the basis of salaries paid by blue-chip employers, who recruit only a fraction of graduates. ("Graduate starting wage up 4.8%", February 11).
The NatWest survey, which found that the average starting salary in 2004 was up 7 per cent to £13,600, is much more representative.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now