I wholeheartedly agree with Val Atkinson in her splendid article and I'm sure there is a "Maureen" in every school, faculty and department throughout the country.
The problem for universities will come when those of us who have suffered finally retire. I'm sure the younger generation will not be willing to take our places unless there are radical changes in pay and attitudes.
School of business
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now