You report that Kaye Carl represented herself after Thompsons Solicitors advised that she was unlikely to win ("Hourly paid lecturer wins full-time staff rights in landmark ruling", 13 March).
While it is inappropriate to comment in detail on ongoing tribunal proceedings, we wish to set the record straight. It is not the case that Thompsons advised that she was unlikely to win. We advised the University and College Union that her employment status claim had a reasonable prospect of success.
Victoria Phillips, Head of employment rights, Thompsons Solicitors.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now