"After theory"? Good riddance to poststructuralism, its flawed, failed ideas and obfuscations ("We're all theorists now", THES , November 14).
Faced with a Kantian Nazi, Foucault's "very tenuous link" between philosophy and politics, thought and practice was never aware enough of the hermeneutic circularity of perception and reasoning to see the necessary (logical) relation between science or art and ideology/values resulting in atomism, holism and ecologism (the three basic ways of seeing) having very different social, political outcomes.
Kensington and Chelsea College
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now