Your article "In research, small is just as beautiful" (26 November 2009) made some interesting points. However, it focused on outputs. One area that could be worthy of further investigation is to see whether there is any difference in the resource inputs between the Russell Group and the 1994 Group, which may provide additional insights into productivity and the underlying argument.
Bruce Lloyd, Emeritus professor of strategic management, London South Bank University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now