Following your report on the Medical Hypotheses affair ("Unclear outlook for radical journal as HIV/Aids deniers evoke outrage", 14 January), I wrote to many of the people who have published in the journal recently. I have so far received well over a hundred supportive emails, many of which I have forwarded to the publisher, Elsevier.
It has been a heart-warming experience for this editor to discover from personal accounts how much Medical Hypotheses is valued, and what a positive difference it has made to so many medical researchers all around the world.
Bruce G. Charlton, Editor-in-chief, Medical Hypotheses, Professor of theoretical medicine University of Buckingham.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now