The editorial in last week’s Times Higher Education was quite simply excellent (“It’s not just bad, it’s wrong”, 2 April). I am delighted that it recognised the unfairness and lack of gender equality across all levels and areas of higher education. Why then not take a leaf out of your own book, and ensure that the editorial board demonstrates gender equality? At present it appears that less than a third (five out of 17) are women.
Miriam E. David
Emeritus professor of sociology of education
UCL Institute of Education
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now