Your coverage of the proposed cuts to higher education funding tends towards an acceptance that they will happen ("Hefce budget to be slashed by £915m over three years", 31 December). Why?
Education on the cheap rarely works and is certainly not something that a modern democracy should countenance without a very serious debate. How about pulling out of Afghanistan and using the money for education instead as a priority for this election year?
Keith Flett, London.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now