Sean McGough is right to highlight the plight of postgraduate students ("Call to boost pay for postgrad teachers", THES , November 29). But there is hope. Some institutions have moved to fractional contracts, integrating part-time teachers more fully into departments and quality systems. In the best cases, support and training is integrated into contracts too.
Learning and Teaching Support
Network Generic Centre
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now