I was surprised to see the eponymous character from Seth MacFarlane’s Ted appear in the illustration for John Kaag’s “Teething troubles” (Opinion, 13 June). I’m not sure that the drug-smoking, hard-drinking and sexually promiscuous teddy bear offers a suitable role model for the Doktorvater, although I am sure that a reasonable proportion of postgraduates would disagree.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now