Congratulations to Professor Sir Bob Burgess on his knighthood (www.timeshighereducation.co.uk, 31 December). He has done a tremendous job as vice-chancellor of the University of Leicester, which won the Times Higher Education University of the Year Award in 2008. Leicester has made impressive progress in quality and reputation over the past decade, while retaining a central focus on the student experience.
Sir Bob has made an incredible contribution to the sector as chair of the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service and the Higher Education Academy, not to mention his work on measuring and recording student achievement.
Having been a student at Leicester and after working with him at the National Union of Students, I'm personally very pleased for him as he has always been a pleasure to work with.
Aaron Porter, Vice-president (higher education), NUS.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now