Authors: William Glassman and Marilyn Hadad
Publisher: Open University Press
The authors aim to provide a contemporary, accessible and coherent introduction to the field of psychology, from its origins to the present, and to show the contribution of psychology in understanding human behaviour and experience. The book introduces students to the five core conceptual frameworks to psychology: biological, behaviourist, cognitive, psychodynamic and humanistic.
Who is it for? Undergraduate psychology students.
Presentation: Systematic coverage of the main approaches to psychology with plenty of illustrations, chapter summaries and exercises.
Would you recommend it? Yes, particularly for course elements such as conceptual and historical issues in psychology.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now