Principles of Mobile Computing and Communications
Author: Mazliza Othman
Publisher: Taylor & Francis/Auerbach
When you travel with your laptop and mobile phone, you cannot avoid terms such as EDGE, 3G, PPP and Bluetooth - part of the mysteries of mobile computing. This text explains how the technologies work in enough detail to follow security issues, handover, location awareness and so on. Having neither program code nor electronics in it, it nicely bridges the wide gap between the programmer and the communications engineer.
Who is it for? Technicians and geeks.
Presentation: Detailed and authoritative.
Would I recommend it? No - too expensive.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now