This week's competition, in which you have to identify a book from its opening sentence, is from a classic war novel:
"We are in camp five miles behind the line."
The winner receives a £25 book voucher. The closing date is November 18.
Entries, including postal address, should be sent to
Admiral House, 66-68 East Smithfield
London E1W 1BX
faxed to 020 7782 3300
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner of last week's competition, who identified Frederick Douglass' Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass is Heather Smithson of the Royal Society.
THES (TSL Education Ltd) and its associated companies may from time to time wish to process, or disclose your data to approved third-party companies, in order to monitor our service and send you future promotions. If you do not wish us to do this, please notify us by writing 'No promotions' on your entry.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now